Can you recognize which commissioner represents your district in the photo below? Don’t worry if you are unsure, we are here to help! In the next weeks and months we will be interviewing as many Oakland County commissioners as are interested in participating in this new feature.
There are 21 members of The Oakland County Board of Commissioners who each represent one of 21 districts. The Oakland County Board of Commissioners serves as the legislative branch of our county.
Establishing and revising County policies
- Establishing the property tax millage rate
- Adopting the annual county budget; and long-range capital improvement program
- Adopting ordinances and rules
- Adopting the County development plan
- Establishing the Authority, Duties & Responsibilities of County Departments
Let us know in the comments section if you have any specific questions you’d be interested in asking and we’ll do our best to get you an answer.