It’s been making headline news lately and we want to make sure you know what it’s all about and that there’s more to the discussion than just the issues with their website.
In March 2010, Congress enacted the Affordable Care Act (commonly referred to as Obama Care), which established the Health Insurance Marketplace. Under this law, most Americans must have health coverage in 2014 or they will pay a fee if they do not qualify for exclusions. Some parts of the law are now in place, other parts are being phased in later. Many key parts of the law take effect in 2014.
Open enrollment in the Marketplace began October 1, 2013 and continues through the end of March 2014. If you enroll by December 15, 2013, coverage can begin as soon as January 1, 2014
At Oakland County we’ve got you covered. You can find out more information on the Affordable Care Act please visit Oakland County Health website and check out our Health Insurance Marketplace Resources. They include:
- Marketplace application checklist
- Local Help with Applications
- Four Steps to Getting Covered in the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Michigan’s online calculator to help identify your options, including premium costs or call 877-999-6442
- List of navigators who will guide you through the process
- For personal assistance in Metro Detroit