It seems like every year, the holidays come earlier and earlier. Or maybe it’s just our imagination. Regardless, the buying season is upon us, and soon shoppers will be flocking to stores for Black Friday deals. With the chaos of crowded stores can also come trouble, and you sometimes never know when you’re shopping at an online retailer. The Oakland County Sheriff has a few helpful tips on how to keep yourself out of trouble.
- Know who you’re dealing with.
- Protect your privacy.
- While online order only on a secure server.
- Guard your online password.
- Pay the safest way.
- Check the refund and return policy.
- Read the fine print.
- Check delivery dates.
- Review warranties.
- Compare prices.
- Check shipping and handling fees.
- Order early to allow plenty of time for shipment and delivery.
In addition, Sheriff Michael Bouchard did this very helpful Oakland County Podcast on the topic in 2008. It’s an older podcast, but the information is just as relevant today. Take a listen, and stay safe out there folks.